President’s Message – July 19
Last evening the E-Club Board held its monthly meeting. The RECUSA Foundation Board met prior to the meeting.
Here are some key points from the Club Board meeting:
• The 2018-2019 Club Budget was approved.
• There is a new Reimbursement and Receipt Form that club members will be using. Tricia will be sending out copies of the form and the procedure to follow. The form allows Tricia and future treasurers an easier way to track and archive expenses for the club.
• I am working on a club calendar that includes important club, district and RI events and information. Please send me any dates and events you would like to be noted on it. I hope to have it completed by next month.
• Rotary’s theme for July is “Bring A Friend To Rotary.” Martha indicated we have 26 members. She provided several suggestions on ways we can introduce friends to E-Club and the Rotary story.
• A new Fundraising Committee was formed and Bill will chair it. The goal is to have it serve as the club’s clearinghouse for all our fundraising activities. If you are interested in being a member please contact Bill.
• Our next fundraiser will be on August 17 at the HEB Center in Cedar Park. Bill will be sending out additional information. If you are interested in participating, below you will find the dates for orientation
• Gene provided an update on the Rotary International Foundation. We discussed providing a fact sheet that highlights the role and work of the RI Foundation.
• Our club had a number of members involved at RYLA this year. This included Martha’s role as the primary nurse for the clinic, and Brigitte, Linda, Bill, Suresh, Gene and Joan serving lunch. Gene presented to the campers. Thanks to Felecia and Keagan for their ongoing role with the campers.
• Linda provided an overview of the coming Interact Manor Tech High School year.
• The club received a request from the Bang Khen Rotary Club of Thailand to review their proposal concerning their Riding For The Disabled Project in Bangkok. It was suggested that we contact other local clubs concerning a possible global grant to support them.
• Look for a future September date for a club service/social project.
August 7: Next Board Meeting – Zoom and Face to Face
Have a great week.
Yours in Rotary,