About the e-Club Foundation
The RESCUSA Foundation (RESCUSA: Rotary E-Club USA) is a 501(c)3 charitable endowment fund that provides support to community programs and organizations in Central Texas. The members of RESCUSA are all the members of the Rotary E-Club of 5870. All Trustees of RESCUSA Foundation must be current or past members of the Rotary E-Club of 5870.
RESCUSA is deliberately separate and apart from The Rotary Foundation, which makes matching grants for international projects proposed by individual districts or clubs around the world.
All club Rotarians are encouraged to make annual donations to RESCUSA.
Recent RESCUSA Foundation-funded projects include the following:
- Sponsored campers at Rotary Leadership Youth Award (RYLA), an intensive leadership training program for high schoolers with camps at Lost Pines, organized by Rotary District 5870.
- Sponsored inbound Rotary Youth Exchange students from abroad to spend a school year with a local host family in Central Texas.
- Partially funded a replacement cargo van for BookSpring to deliver children’s books to pediatric clinics and elementary schools in Central Texas.
- Supported Rotaplast International’s medical missions for cleft palate and cleft lip surgeries for underprivileged children in developing countries.
- Helped purchase books for Pecan Springs Elementary School library.
- Supported a humanitarian mission to Calcutta, India for a school for children living on the streets.
- Partially supported construction of toilets in a rural school in Kenya.
Request a Grant
RESCUSA primarily supports the projects of the Rotary E-Club of 5870 that qualify for the foundation grant, although the foundation grants are open to all entities.
A donor may request in writing that part or the entire donation be directed to a specific charity, a cause or a specific project eligible for a Foundation grant. All such requests shall be considered by the Board of Trustees and attempts should be made to honor all reasonable requests consistent with the Articles of Formation and the Bylaws of the Foundation.
RESCUSA Generally Supports:
– Non-Profit organizations principally active in Central Texas with service areas that include:
– Education & Youth
– Arts and Culture
– Health, Caring and Social Services
For more information or to request an application, please visit our Projects page.